Stitch Drilling can be used to create large openings and slots in walls or in floors particularly so in areas where access is difficult or restricted. Stitch drilling uses a series of overlapping core holes to create the opening required. It is often used when other drilling methods won’t achieve the required outcome. So what is stitch drilling and how is it different to other drilling methods?
What are The Benefits of Stitch Drilling?
1) Stitch drilling can be used when diamond drilling won’t quite crack it. Diamond drilling is often restrained to 1500mm so stitch drilling can take on bigger jobs.
2) If you are working in confined spaces or reduced access then stitch drilling will be the right method for you to adopt. Particularly if a particular shape needs to be achieved where other methods are harder to gain an angle, curve or shape.
3) The ability to cut an unlimited size of opening or shape through ANY thickness of wall or floor. Diamond drilling can often be restricted to the size opening that can be made so using stitch drilling can overcome this using a series of overlapping core holes.
4) Good for smaller openings where sawing is not practical or depths of substrate are too deep for standard sawing methods.
5) A great choice if you are working in controlled or clean environments due to reduced cutting waste & the cutting by-products are easier to control & contain. Working in industrial sites, hospitals, schools, public areas it is often a safe and preferred method.
We are Stitch Drilling Experts
Here at React Diamond Drilling we are experts in Stitch Drilling, with highly trained and experienced workers. We always consider the safety aspect of any job and can advise on the best course of action. We understand the need to take into consideration any site restrictions so we can offer the right drilling technique for your requirements. Whether this is a one off project you are involved in or is part and parcel of your everyday job you can be assured that we can assist with your requirements.
Contact Us Today With Your Enquiry
We are trusted drilling experts so give us a call today about stitch drilling or other drilling services. We are happy to advise and talk through the options available to you. You can use our contact form or call us on 0800 024 8670.
If you are involved with site demolition and building projects then you may find our blog useful on Chimney Demolition